“In Confirmation the soul of a baptised Christian is imprinted with a permanent seal that can be received only once and marks this individual forever as a Christian. The gift of the Holy Spirit is the strength from above in which this individual puts the grace of his baptism into practice through his life and acts as a ‘witness’ for Christ.” -YouCat 205
Confirmation is a Sacrament of Initiation, which completes and deepens the graces given in Baptism.
In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the recipient in anointed with the Oil of Chrism by the Archbishop or delegated priest, and receives the gift of the Holy Spirit in an intimate and profound way in order to help them live out their Catholic faith in the world.
Registration closes on December 10th.
What you need to register:
- Children must be a minimum age of 12 and in Grade 7 or higher
- Copy of the child’s Baptism Certificate (unless they were baptized at Holy Trinity)
- Child must have already celebrated 1st Reconciliation and Communion (if not, please contact the office)
- Complete and bring the Confirmation Reg Form 2021-22
- Complete and bring the PIPA form
- Complete and bring the FOIP
- Complete and bring in the Confirmation Retreat Registration form
- A fee of $40 is requested for materials (cash or cheques please)
- Children will need a workbook, which can be picked up Saturday, January 15th between 10am and noon. They will also be getting their pictures taken at that time.